According to the Stockwell Partnership, this year’s Festival theme is health and wellbeing and there’ll be all sorts of great opportunities to improve your well-being and create a healthier lifestyle for yourself.
Features at the 2009 Festival include:
- Stockwell’s first ever Expo; a market place with local businesses and voluntary groups showing off their wares.
- taster fitness classes
- watch a live cookery demonstration
- Get a head, neck and shoulder massage
- If you’ve got a bike problem, Dr Bike will be on hand to fix it
- Performing on the main stage will be swinging jazz sensations Kingsize 5 and local talents from Lambeth’s Music Service.
- Capoeira and street dance performances, Flamenco and Djembe drumming
- Visit the Children’s Village of Tropical Delights and leave your wishes on the peace tree,
- Watch out for theatrical entertainers Peat Moss and the Topiary Gardeners,
The famous Stockwell Festival parade returns again this year and joining the spectacular Stockwell pineapples will be lots of local children dressed as tropical fruit making the procession even more colourful.
If you want to take part in the parade full details on how to participate and a map of the parade route will be available in August at http://www.stockwell.org.uk/ or phone 020 7735 5051.
*This story is from "Home Ground" the excellent magazine produced by Hyde Southbank Homes. The full copy of the magazine is available to download here: http://www.stockwellcommunity.com/content/view/43/88/