The Lib Dems don't like to be reminded of their record, and it's no wonder why:
- The Lib Dem Councillor for Stockwell resigned in disgrace after being convicted for housing benefit fraud of over £14,000
- They put up council tax for hard pressed residents by 40%, costing residents £1,000- while Labour has been in power, it has been frozen, to help families with their bills.
- They lost £3million in housing fraud
- They refused to fund a registration drive for black voters
- They left 500 children without a school place in Lambeth
And in Westminster, the Lib Dems have cut all funding for affordable housing, introduced the hated bedroom tax and cut 10,000 police officers and 4,000 nurses.
It's no wonder local people don't want to see the Lib Dems elected again after the mess they left us in.
But even more worrying are their plans contained in their latest manifesto. They want to:- suspend the £450m Lambeth Housing Standard investment programme which is providing new kitchens, bathrooms and windows for residents in Stockwell.
- spend a measly £200,000 from government for repairing roads rather than the £50m that Labour has invested since 2010.
- waste £3.3m on a PCSO contract, which Labour has managed to negotiate for free.
Remember - only Labour can beat the Lib Dems round here. Don't forget to vote Labour on Thursday, 22 May.